Lighthouse allows each family to determine the level of participation in the support group that best suits their goals and needs. However, it is expected that each family in Lighthouse will contribute to the support group in some way, giving of their time and talents to provide encouragement, assistance, and opportunities for fellow members of the Lighthouse community.
There are numerous ways for you to be involved, such as serving as a greeter at the monthly meetings, helping with the library, planning a field trip, leading a club or co-op, writing for the newsletter, being a hostess at the Christmas Tea, or coordinating a group activity or event. The Lighthouse Board and Leadership Team are more than happy to help you get started and work alongside you.
Typically, the coordinator for an event such as Geography Bee, Field Day, or Valentines Party is responsible for the following:
Information for planning particular events is available from the Field Trip & Event Coordinator, and Lighthouse members who have done this in the past would be happy to share their wisdom. You can find their contact information on the monthly Parent Meeting Announcement sheet!
- Choose a day & time
- Choose a location and make any necessary arrangements to secure (Coordinator can help)
- Fill in the Event Planning Form (see link above). This is sent to our Field Trip & Event Coordinator who checks for conflicts and adds the event to the group calendar.
- Recruit a couple of moms to help you, if desired, and conduct a planning meeting!
- Publicize through the email loop and meeting announcements
- Conduct sign ups and collect any fees
- obtain any necessary materials & supplies
- delegate responsibilities among your helpers
- send out reminders and instructions to attendees
- supervise the set up, event, and clean up